Early Years @ Phoenix Park – Services
Early Years @ Phoenix Park is a not for profit community based early childhood service offering Long Day Care and Sessional Kindergarten. Our families are able to utilise a combination of these services.
Our Early Childhood Professionals provide an environmental program that focuses on the children’s developmental needs, individually and in a group setting. Our staff use the Early Years Learning and Development frameworks as supporting documents for planning. The experiences offered are adult supported but child initiated to assist the children to achieve the following broad goals.
- Foster positive self-concept.
- Develop social skills and self discipline.
- Encourage children to think, reason, question and experiment.
- Encourage language development.
- Enhance physical development and skills, including developing independence in self help skills, for example dressing, eating and toileting.
- Encourage and demonstrate sound health, safety and nutritional practices.
- Encourage creative expression and appreciation for the arts.
- Respect cultural diversity and all family structures.
Observations of the children are gathered and documented on a regular basis in each child’s file. This information is used to develop the curriculum and to complete written reports. Parents are given opportunity to discuss their child’s development throughout the year with our staff. Each room has a curriculum sheet and daily routine on display.
Each child has a learning portfolio. Portfolios are used as a form of communication between our staff and parents and as a record of children’s developmental milestones. Our staff will write about the children’s play and development, include photos of children’s learning and interests, parents are also encouraged to contribute their comments. Whilst you are welcome to take your child’s Portfolio home for other family members to read, we ask that you sign it out and return it the next time you come in.
After each day or session families can read the Daily News which is located outside each room. The Daily News is to provide families with an overview of their child’s day and what has happened. It is a great tool in helping families talk to their child about the day.